Persuasive Conversation Guides & Tips
The ASRC has developed a values-based conversation framework as a powerful tool for personal & persuasive conversations with friends, family and your community. The framework is based on best-practice messaging principles from the Words that Work research, and community organising conversation tools. To learn more about the research and the conversation framework, sign up to a Community Action Workshop.
- Conversation Framework - Steps and Example
- A handy 2 page guide explaining the 4 steps in a values-based conversation, with an example narrative.
- Conversation Guide: using 'home' as a conversation reference for talking about Permanent Protection
- A conversation guide applying the conversation framework to talking about the need to give refugees permanent protection, with suggested talking points. Created for a local #RightTrack group holding a market stall to engage their community.
- Listening & Handling Objections
- Tips for listening and responding to objections using the popular EXPLORE - EQUALISE - ELEVATE model
- Words that Work research summary
- The #RightTrack strategy is based on research evidence commissioned by the Asylum Seeker Resource Centre, as well as national and international experience about effective social movement strategy.