This one hour Breakthrough Conversation refresher workshop will cover:
- Introduction of the new pushback framework- the three Es
- Refresher on framing and conversation tools
- Focus on detention advocacy
- Opportunity to role play handling pushbacks
*Workshop times are in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (AEDT)
Victoria, New South Wales, Australia Capital Territory & Tasmania 2-3.00pm
South Australia 1.30pm-2.30pm
Western Australia 11am-12pm
Northern Territory 12pm-1.00pm
Breakthrough Conversation has been a groundbreaking project, which has so far has already trained over 400 people to have conversations on refugee justice. It is through having value based conversation, we can shift community attitudes and build the public support needed to create a fairer future for refugees and people seeking asylum.
Covid-19 has made it harder to have conversation, and for many people they have not be able to utilise the skills learnt. This is why we are running a Breakthrough refresher, as restrictions ease and opportunities to have conversations will arise. RSVP now to attend.
It will include new content on handling pushbacks, in response to overwhelming feedback. We have also refocused on our workshop on campaigning for the freedom of people in detention, however you can use the tools to talk about any issue in the refugee justice movement.
* FYI this is refresher workshop for people who have already attended the main Breakthrough Conversation workshop, if you are new to the project, sign up for the regular 2.5 hour Breakthrough Conversation workshop.